Enhance your experience of leaning with fun group classes! You will disocver more about the music and history of a dance style in addition to important techniques, styling and step patterns to be successful on the dance floor. The best part is you will meet new friends—our teachers and students create a dance family community—here at Dance with Joy Studios.
Our group classes can be measured by how fun and enjoyable they make your learning experience. We believe you’ll find us a ’10’ in that regard. In addition to a delightful experience, you’ll get clear, accurate and up-to-date instruction every time from every instructor. Click here for our studio class calendar.
Choosing Your Group Class
Our classes are taught in five levels in three main tiers:
- Beginning — Level 1: students have never danced before or are still new to dancing, up to 6 months of experience.
- Intermediate — Levels 2-3: students are no longer beginning level and are ready to incorporate more advanced technique, having danced anywhere from 6 months to 2 years.
- Advanced— Levels 4-5: students are very familiar with dancing and have a high “learning curve”. These dancers have danced anywhere from 2 years on up.
If you’re not sure which class is best for you, the best indicators will be the level of the class (does it match your level?) and the dance style (is this a style that interests you?).
*To help us start on time, please arrive at least 10 minutes early for your classes.
Signing Up for a Class
Please pre-register for each group class you would like to take so we know how many people to expect. Group classes require a minimum number of pre-registered students or they will be cancelled. Some classes have a dance routine you learn over the course of the month, beginning the first week. These are labeled as “Series” classes in our online calendar. Check the schedule to be certain the classes you’re interested in have enough students to run for the month, and please help us promote your favorite classes so that we can continue to offer them.
Ways to Pre-Register
- pre-register & pay online
- by phone: 503-236-8160
- by email: email@example.com
- in person: you will need cash or check and about 10 minutes to fill out a student information form, if you are new. Click here for our address and directions.
We offer many pricing options so that everyone can find a pricing structure that works for them. Click here to learn more about class pricing at Dance with Joy Studios.
Do you have ideas for us? Let us know your thoughts that help us to serve you better!