Are you ready to party yourself into shape? That’s exactly what the Zumba program is all about. It’s an exhilarating, effective, easy-to-follow, Latin-inspired, calorie-burning dance fitness party that’s moving millions of people toward joy and health.
Since its inception in 2001, the Zumba program has grown to become the world’s largest – and most successful – dance-fitness program with more than 12 million people of all shapes, sizes and ages taking weekly Zumba classes.
If you like high energy, motivating music and have a desire to dance or get in shape Zumba is your ticket to fitness fun!
The workout starts with a ten minute warm up and goes right into an interval cardio workout. This means you will enjoy both fast paced and alternately slower songs to give you the best workout possible. The moves are easy enough for beginners but also will allow those who are more experienced to spice up their workout by adding their own style and intensity. We end with a cool down that will leave you feeling stretched and proud of yourself for doing something great for your body.
For people new to Zumba:
- Zumba is an energetic game of follow the leader. Participants follow along with the instructor and others in the class.
- Watch and copy the feet during your first class, adding the arms later as you become more comfortable.
- Bring clean (debris-free, new if possible) workout sneakers with the least amount of tread on the bottoms as possible. Workout clothes that allow you to move comfortably are ideal. Please refrain from any heavy perfumes.
- Bottled water is available for purchase at the studio as well as a water fountain.
- The routines stay the same week after week, allowing you to become more comfortable as time goes by. Remember, repetition is the key to learning to dance so the more chances you give yourself to learn the better you will become! Most people feel comfortable after 3-5 classes.
- The format of Zumba allows you to start anytime.
To find a list of our Zumba classes, click on the “Sign Up Today!” link below. Once the full studio schedule loads onto your screen, simply sort the “Class Type” to Fitness/Activity and scroll down to view class days and times.